Portfolio All Portfolio Paddington Basin Paddington Basin is named after the nearby canal basin. The junction of the Regent’s Canal and the Grand Junction Canal is close to this point but the basin itself is the terminus of the Paddington Arm of the Grand Junction Canal. It was opened in 1801. Paddington was chosen because of its position on the New Road which led to the east, providing for onward transport. In its heyday, the basin was a major transhipment facility, and a hive of activity. Developed by a consortium in partnership with British Waterways, the basin was redevelopment as part of the wider Paddington Waterside scheme and site of The Rolling Bridge, built in 2004. Portfolio The Point – Paddington Basin Text and image under copyright to geraldmclean © 2021 Gerald McLeanAll Rights ReservedOriginal content here is published under these license terms: X License Type:Read OnlyLicense Abstract:You may read the original content in the context in which it is published (at this web address). No other copying or use is permitted without written agreement from the author.